Open Minds offers care and support to the 2 in 5 people aged 16 and above who are experiencing common mental health problems such as stress, anxiety and depression. We encourage self-referral, offer quick access and support to maintain positive mental health and wellbeing through a range of therapies and activities chosen by you.
Our staff can offer a range of therapies and support options such as:
- Guided self-help; which focuses on empowering you to make changes to how you feel.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT); a talking therapy that looks at our thoughts, feelings and behaviour.
- Mindfulness is a practical tool which helps reduce symptoms of stress and low mood by promoting awareness, relaxation, and compassion. It teaches us to focus on the present moment, usually by meditations.
- Counselling helps to address difficult life events.
- Other talking therapies are provided by qualified therapists at Open Minds to help with a range of difficulties such as relationships or sexual problems.
- Employment Specialists are available to support people who are employed to stay in work or help those return to work if they are signed off.
- We can signpost you to local or national services that can offer additional support for you.
All our therapies are recommended by the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) to help those with depression or anxiety issues like panic or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. We will work with you to decide which of these options will best suit you in order to help you achieve your goals.
Click the images below to download our free self help guides.
how do i access open minds?
Open Minds encourages self-referral which means to make an appointment you can simply call the team or walk into our Grimsby or Cleethorpes branch. If you would prefer you can also ask your GP or health professional to refer you.
You can refer between the hours of 9.30am and 4.30pm Monday – Friday, expect for Tuesday when it is 9.30 – 3pm due to staff meetings. Telephone referrals are also taken between these times.
Appointments are available between 9am – 5pm on Monday – Friday. On Tuesday and Wednesday we offer limited appointments between 5pm – 8pm
Call: (01472) 625100
We welcome referrals to our services from healthcare professionals and GPs via our Single Point of Access.
NAViGO Single Point of Access
(01472) 256 256 Option 3
Emails sent to this address will only be responded to within office hours, Monday – Friday between 9am-5pm. If you require immediate assistance, please use the phone number listed above.
Please note these contact details should only be used to make a referral to the service, if you would like to speak directly to someone from within the service, please use the contact details listed below.
Already accessing NAViGO Services?
If you are already accessing a service within NAViGO and need to speak with someone about your care and treatment, please contact either your Care Coordinator or Lead Professional for whom you should have been given contact details.
Alternatively, you can contact the wider team who provide your services. To find contact details for all the NAViGO services, please click here.
If you should require emergency assistance out of office hours, please contact Lincsline who can be reached from 5pm until 9am or 24 hours a day at weekends and Bank Holidays.
Lincsline: 0808 800 1010
New to NAViGO Services?
If you or a loved one require help and support for mental health issues, your first port of call should be your GP or other health care professionals who may refer you to one of our services.
If you or a loved one are not already accessing our services and require emergency assistance for a mental health crisis, you can contact the NAViGO Single Point of Access 24 hours a day, seven days a week:
Call: (01472) 256 256 Option 3
(Emails sent to this address will only be responded to within office hours, Monday – Friday between 9am-5pm. If you require immediate assistance, please use the phone number listed above.)
Please be aware that Open Minds is not a crisis service. Any urgent referrals should contact the Single Point of Access (SPA).