Tukes provides training, skills development and work experience in real working environments for individuals who struggle finding work due to their mental health illness or learning disability.
Tukes aims to improve the quality of life for people with mental health problems by enabling people to gain new skills, increasing confidence, self-esteem and motivation and counteract social exclusion within the labour market.
What services do we offer?
- To provide cleaning, catering, concierge, property maintenance and grounds maintenance to NAViGO sites and facilities.
- To support in the running and maintenance of Tukes’ Peoples Park Café and the Floral Hall including horticulture and grounds maintenance experience
- To support in the running and maintenance of Grimsby Garden Centre and onsite Café Blue restaurant to gain hospitality, customer service and catering skills
- To work within Tukes Property Services to offer property maintenance and DIY services
Tukes Education & Training Hub – an area for learning, a place to boost confidence and job prospects, along with a space for social interaction, a place to have a cuppa and a chat with friends whilst waiting for classes to begin.
Courses available include…
- English Functional Skills
- Maths Functional Skills
- ICT Skills
- Community Leaning Programme – Preparation for learning
- Screening and Assessments – Dyslexia, Visual Stress, Literacy and Numeracy
- Dyslexia Maths
- Dyslexia English
- Employment Skills Courses
HOW DO I ACCESS THE TUKES SERVICE?
Tukes is opportunity for working-age adults who have, or still are experiencing a mental health illness. Referrals to the service can be made by your GP, care co-ordinators, employment agencies or by self-referral.
The process begins with the individual completing an expression of interest form. On completion an appointment to discuss the training, work experience and other opportunities that may benefit the individual will be arranged. Please use the contact details below for more information or to ask for a form.