Tukes provides training, skills development and work experience in real working environments for individuals who struggle finding work due to their mental health illness or learning disability.
Tukes aims to improve the quality of life for people with mental health problems by enabling people to gain new skills, increasing confidence, self-esteem and motivation and counteract social exclusion within the labour market.
What services do we offer?
Tukes offers three main areas of opportunity:
- In-house Contractual Works
- To provide cleaning, catering, concierge, property maintenance and grounds maintenance to NAViGO sites and facilities.
- External Contractual works
- To support in the running and maintenance of Tukes’ Peoples Park Café and the Floral Hall including horticulture and grounds maintenance experience
- To work within our partnership with Centre 4 in the onsite café and catering facility to gain hospitality, customer service and catering skills
- To work with Tukes’ Retail Arcade including a Workshop, a minimarket, second hand goods, Shabby Chic and Bespoke furniture
- To work within Tukes Property Services to offer property maintenance and DIY services
- Education/Employment and Training
- English Functional Skills
- Maths Functional Skills
- Community Leaning Programme – Preparation for learning
- Screening and Assessments – Dyslexia, Visual Stress, Literacy and Numeracy
- Dyslexia Maths
- Dyslexia English
- Employment Skills Courses
HOW DO I ACCESS THE TUKES SERVICE?
Tukes is opportunity for working-age adults who have, or still are experiencing a mental health illness. Referrals to the service can be made by your GP, care co-ordinators, employment agencies or by self-referral.
The process begins with the individual completing an expression of interest form. On completion an appointment to discuss the training, work experience and other opportunities that may benefit the individual will be arranged. Please use the contact details below for more information or to ask for a form.