NAViGO CIC prides itself in being an inclusive organisation and takes Equality and Diversity seriously in all aspects of our provision.
How we achieve this:
- We actively recruit individuals with a lived experience of mental ill health and provide placements for employability services which often lead onto long term employment.
- A service user or carer sits on every interview panel during NAViGO’s recruitment and selection process.
- We are a Disability Confident Employer.
- Improving the physical health of service users, through the WHISE (Wellbeing and Health Improvement Service) project.
- Audit of our buildings to ensure accessibility for those with protected characteristics.
- Accessible information-all information leaflets produced by NAViGO are reviewed by service users/carers.
- Mental Health Act leaflets are available on the NAViGO website in different languages.
- Translation and interpretation services are available.
- We provide a Dyslexia screening service and support for staff and service users having recognised a high incidence of undiagnosed dyslexia in the locality.
- We have a newly formed youth forum ensuring we are mindful that age legislation refers to young people as well as the older generation.
- All staff are required to undertake Equality & Diversity training which has specific reference to inequalities in the diagnosis and treatment of individuals from different cultures.
- All services are required to submit equality impact assessments to the CCG which are reviewed by an independent group including expert patients.
- All NAViGO policies include an Equality and Impact Assessment to ensure diversity matters have been carefully considered by the author and Clinical Governance Committee.
LGBT group @ Carers’ Support Service on the 2nd Wednesday of the month
4pm to 6:30pm.
Not just for Carers but anyone who belongs to the LGBT community and allies.
The Carers’ Support Service
The Old Waterworks Offices
1 Town Hall Square
North East Lincolnshire
TEL: 01472 242277