Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health First Aid teaches people in the workplace how to identify, understand and support someone who may have or be developing a mental health issue.
Our qualified staff teach it in the same way as physical first aid. We’ll equip you with the basic skills to recognise warning signs and offer first response support.
Having such first aiders is proven to have a positive impact on workforces, as well as reducing sickness related to mental health.
Mental health first aid is useful for everyone in all walks of life, but especially:
•Social care professionals
•All working professionals
•Team leaders or managers
•Anyone who would like a more in-depth understanding of mental health
Simply recognising if someone is suicidal could be life-saving. Mental health first aid increases understanding and confidence in starting conversations about mental health.
What will you learn?
A Mental Health First Aid course will teach you to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
Contact us and find out how we can help you.